Amnesty Event is October 18-29, 2021Click here for more details!
Montgomery County Clerk of Courts
A Message from Mike Foley
Welcome to the Montgomery County Clerk of Courts website – our goal is to assist everyone in the most efficient and professional manner possible. The Clerk’s Office is committed to making both Customer Service & Technology our top priorities! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, we’d love to hear from you in our Customer Comments Section.
Welcome to the Montgomery County Clerk of Courts
The Montgomery County Clerk of Courts is a complex organization that serves the Common Pleas Court, General Division; Domestic Relations Court; County Municipal Courts; and the Second District Court of Appeals. The Auto Title Division offers a wide variety of services including titling of motor vehicles and processing passport applications.
Functions of the Clerk's Office
- Receive, docket, index, certify, and preserve the pleadings, court orders, and other legal documents that are filed with the courts
- Serve court papers as required by law and as directed by the parties
- Furnish preliminary case schedules and notices of hearings
- Issue such writs as summonses, subpoenas, warrants, and executions
- Receive, account for, and disburse deposits of money to cover court costs, fines, fees, and restitution according to statute and court order
- Issue Certificates of Title for automobiles, motorcycles, mobile homes, travel trailers, campers, motor homes, and watercraft
- Process U.S. passport applications as an authorized Passport Acceptance Agency