NOTICE – eFiling Update
Due to a recent system outage, some documents for filings submitted between 4/16/2020 to present are temporarily unavailable on PRO. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We estimate that all documents will be available for viewing on Thursday, May 14. As we continue to perform system maintenance due to the recent outage, please know that you can continue to submit Civil and Criminal filings electronically. Electronic filings are being received and timestamped as normal, and the timestamp will reflect the date of filing. Domestic Relations filings may be submitted in paper format and will be timestamped upon arrival. If you have questions, please contact the Clerk of Courts Legal Division by calling 937-496-7623.
Welcome to the Montgomery County Clerk Of Courts
The Montgomery County Clerk of Courts is a complex organization that serves the Common Pleas Court, General Division; Domestic Relations Court; County Municipal Courts; and the Second District Court of Appeals. The Auto Title Division offers a wide variety of services including titling of motor vehicles and processing passport applications.
Functions of the Clerk’s Office
- Receive, docket, index, certify, and preserve the pleadings, court orders, and other legal documents that are filed with the courts
- Serve court papers as required by law and as directed by the parties
- Furnish preliminary case schedules and notices of hearings
- Issue such writs as summonses, subpoenas, warrants, and executions
- Receive, account for, and disburse deposits of money to cover court costs, fines, fees, and restitution according to statute and court order
- Issue Certificates of Title for automobiles, motorcycles, mobile homes, travel trailers, campers, motor homes, and watercraft
- Process U.S. passport applications as an authorized Passport Acceptance Agency